Pandora offers customized radio stations that play music genres you enjoy and adapts to your preferences over time. The Sonos speaker device can enhance your listening experience. However, there are times when connectivity problems will interfere with your streaming.
When your Sonos devices aren’t working with Pandora, reset the unit before moving on to other troubleshooting methods. Ensure that your home network is strong and Pandora is up-to-date, as Pandora and Sonos both require a powerful connection. Then, configure your Sonos devices and Pandora profile.
This article will reveal the reasons your Pandora account is unavailable on your Sonos system. We’ll also discuss how to resolve each potential issue.
Sonos Pandora Not Working
There are several possible explanations for why your Pandora isn’t running on your Sonos speakers. If you’re having difficulty streaming, consider the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check for any available changes to the Pandora app and install them if necessary.
- Restart your Sonos system and the Pandora program on your smartphone or tablet.
- Verify that your smartphone is paired to the same home network as your Sonos. To take it one step further, reboot the router and then the speakers.
After that, ensure that you’re following the correct procedures for allowing Pandora to play via your speakers:
- Launch the Pandora application.
- Navigate to the Now Playing tab.
- Select your Sonos speaker by tapping the Cast button.
Sonos Not Connecting to Pandora
If your Sonos devices cannot connect to Pandora, try deleting and re-adding your account. This resolution has shown to be a simple fix for others with the same problem!
Another way of troubleshooting is to power cycle the speakers and home network.
Copyright protected content owner: ReadyToDIY.com and was initially posted on 2021-05-28.
Rebooting your router allows it to obtain any updated DNS details from your internet service provider to facilitate a connection to the streaming service. Restarting the speakers, likewise, forces each system to pick up on any new updates.
If neither of these works, verify that Pandora has access to your speaker device.
How To Authorize Pandora on Sonos
Pandora needs the authorization to operate on the Sonos systems. You may grant permission to the software from a smartphone or a laptop.
To approve Pandora on an iPhone or Android device, follow these steps:
- Launch the Sonos application.
- Select Services & Voice from the Settings page.
- Tap Add a Service under Music & Material.
- Select Pandora.
- Add it to Sonos by tapping the button.
- To add your Pandora account, follow the on-screen directions.
To allow access via a Mac or a PC, use the steps below.
Copyright article owner is ReadyToDiy.com for this article. This post was first published on 2021-05-28.
- Launch the Sonos desktop application.
- Click Add Music Services under the Choose a Music Source tab.
- Select Pandora.
- Add your account.
If neither of these solutions works, Sonos could be experiencing a system outage. In that case, you need to wait until they resolve the problem before connecting. Search their webpage for announcements.
Or, contact Sonos and send a device diagnostic within ten minutes of being aware of the problem.
Sonos Not Playing Pandora
If you’re having trouble playing Pandora on your Sonos device, try changing the Pandora app’s settings.
The first thing you need to do is link your Pandora account to your Sonos device. After that, ensure that the Pandora program is loaded on the device’s internal memory, not an SD card. Connectivity problems can occur when you install the Pandora app on an SD card.
Then, delete the Pandora data from your phone’s settings. Doing this means that the software will operate on the most recent machine data, which reduces the likelihood of encountering bugs.
To do this:
- Navigate to the Configuration menu on your smartphone and choose Apps.
- Choose Pandora.
- From the storage information tab, select Clear Cache. This choice won’t be visible on certain devices unless you click the Storage menu.
- Return to the Pandora app and sign in.
After that, ensure Pandora has permission to operate in the background.
After following these steps, verify that your home network has a strong signal. According to Sonos, a weak internet connection can interfere with your device’s ability to link to and play streaming services.
How To Eliminate Wireless Interference
Consider the following measures for eliminating wireless interference with your Sonos system:
- In a web server, type your router’s IP address.
- Locate the wireless configuration tab.
- Adjust the router’s wireless channel. If Auto is selected, disable it and choose one of the following channels: 1, 6, or 11.
How To Strengthen Your Network
You can strengthen your network by using the following methods:
- Enhance your Sonos setup with Boost. Boost establishes a dedicated wireless network for your Sonos system.
- Adjust the antenna on your router.
- Change the location of your Sonos speakers.
By following these steps, you’ll configure the Pandora software for streaming with your Sonos system and enhance the accessibility of your home network. Apart from the steps outlined above, you can also verify that your Sonos speakers recognize the Pandora program.
Sonos Not Showing/Recognizing Pandora
If you’re certain Pandora is permitted in your country, but your Sonos units don’t recognize it, we suggest unlinking and factory resetting each of your Sonos devices. We’ll explain how to reset some famous Sonos units.
How To Hard Reset Your Sonos Speaker
To perform a hard reset on a Sonos speaker, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the Sonos speaker from the electrical socket.
- While re-plugging the speaker into the socket, hold down the Pause icon. The button will start flashing.
- Continue to hold the button until the light shines green.
To reset a Sonos Move:
- Unplug it from the charging base.
- For 5 seconds, hold the power button.
- Push the Connect icon.
- Bring the device back to its base.
Once you’ve reset all of your Sonos units, use the following procedure to reset the related app:
- Launch the Sonos application.
- In the bottom bar, click the settings icon.
- Select Application Preferences.
- Reset the application by tapping the option.
- Utilize the pop-up to confirm that you want to restart the software.
Can’t Add Pandora on Sonos
If you can’t connect Pandora to your Sonos systems, check to see if Pandora is supported in your area. Certain music services are only accessible in particular regions.
Check where your Pandora account is registered, too. If the country listed on both of your accounts doesn’t match, connectivity issues may occur. You can verify the locations of registered accounts by taking these steps:
- Log into your Sonos account.
- Select Profile from the menu.
- Navigate to Address. If it’s incorrect, adjust it by clicking Edit Profile at the top of the tab.
After you make adjustments to your registration details, it can take approximately 45 minutes for the Sonos app’s list of compatible music services to update.
Pandora Not Available on Sonos
As previously revealed, when the Pandora service is unavailable, there’s a problem with the system’s registration, as service availability is location-based. First, ensure that your device’s framework is up to date. Following that, navigate to your Sonos setup menu and change your address to see if that resolves the issue.
Another potential cause is that the device has a defect that prevents the Sonos program from functioning correctly. This problem is often identified after a recent update. If possible, reset your gadget to an earlier software version and observe how this impacts the Sonos app.
Sonos Pandora Access Denied
When your Pandora software is refused access from your Sonos units, the safest course of action is to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app from inside the Sonos application. You can accomplish this by taking the steps below.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Go to Services & Voice.
- Tap Pandora.
- Choose to remove the account.
- Move to Music and Content.
- Pick Add A Service and then tap Pandora.
ReadyToDIY is the owner of this article. This post was published on 2021-05-28.