LG TVs have made a permanent popular spot at the table when it comes to televisions that provide incredible picture, sound, and affordability for the quality. Even more, LG TVs are capable of many different functions, with AirPlay being one very desired capability.
To troubleshoot the issue of AirPlay not working on your LG TV, first check whether your TV supports AirPlay and that it is up-to-date with the latest firmware version. Next, restart both your LG TV and your AirPlay-enabled device and try connecting again. If the issue persists, reset your network settings on your LG TV by going to Settings > General > Reset to Initial Settings > Reset. However, keep in mind that this will erase all of your settings and data, so make sure to back up any important information before proceeding. If none of these steps work, contact LG support for further assistance.
There could be several reasons why AirPlay is not working on your LG TV. Some of the common reasons are:
- Compatibility issues: AirPlay may not be compatible with your LG TV. Make sure that your LG TV supports AirPlay 2. If it doesn’t, then you won’t be able to use AirPlay to connect to your LG TV.
- Network issues: AirPlay requires a stable Wi-Fi connection to work properly. If your network is slow or unstable, then you may experience issues with AirPlay. Try resetting your network or restarting your router to see if that helps.
- Software updates: Make sure that both your LG TV and your iPhone or iPad are running the latest software updates. Outdated software can cause compatibility issues and prevent AirPlay from working.
- Firewall settings: Your firewall settings can also prevent AirPlay from connecting to your LG TV. Make sure that your firewall is not blocking AirPlay traffic.
- Distance: Make sure that your LG TV and your iPhone or iPad are within close proximity to each other. If they are too far apart, then AirPlay may not work properly.
- AirPlay settings: Make sure that AirPlay is enabled on your LG TV and that it is set up correctly. You may need to check the settings on your LG TV to ensure that AirPlay is turned on.
LG TV AirPlay Not Connecting
LG TVs are known for their exceptional picture quality and advanced features, including the ability to connect to other devices through AirPlay. However, users may sometimes experience issues when attempting to connect their LG TV to AirPlay. There are several reasons why this could be happening. The first reason could be a weak or unstable Wi-Fi connection. The second reason could be an outdated software version on either the LG TV or the device attempting to connect through AirPlay. Finally, it could be due to compatibility issues between the LG TV and the device attempting to connect.
To troubleshoot the issue of AirPlay not connecting to your LG TV, ensure that your TV supports AirPlay and is updated to the latest firmware version. Restart both your LG TV and your AirPlay-enabled device and attempt to connect again. If the issue persists, try resetting your network settings on your LG TV by going to Settings > General > Reset to Initial Settings > Reset. Keep in mind that this will erase all of your settings and data, so make sure to back up any important information before proceeding. Additionally, ensure that both your LG TV and your AirPlay-enabled device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If none of these steps work, consider contacting LG support for further assistance.
LG TV AirPlay Not Showing Up
LG TV AirPlay may not be showing up due to several reasons, such as outdated software, network issues, or compatibility issues. Here are some troubleshooting steps to fix it:
- Update your LG TV software: Ensure that your LG TV is running on the latest software version. Go to Settings > All Settings > General > About This TV > Check for Updates. If an update is available, download and install it.
- Check AirPlay compatibility: Ensure that your LG TV model is compatible with AirPlay. AirPlay is compatible with LG TVs running on webOS 4.0 and above.
- Check network connection: Ensure that your LG TV and device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If not, connect them to the same network and try again.
- Restart devices: Restart your LG TV and device and try again.
- Disable VPN: If you are using a VPN, disable it and try again.
- Reset network settings: Go to Settings > All Settings > General > Network > Wi-Fi Connection > Advanced Settings > Reset to Default. This will reset your network settings, and you will need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Contact LG support: If none of the above steps work, contact LG support for further assistance.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to fix the LG TV AirPlay not showing up issue.
LG TV AirPlay Not Responding
When using AirPlay on your LG TV, you should be able to connect to another device within seconds before moving forward with this screen-sharing feature. However, some users have found that they are able to see the option to connect to their LG TV, but when they select the option to connect, they are not able to get the selection to actually respond. If you are using AirPlay on your LG TV and it is not responding, read on to see the most effective solution.
If AirPlay is not responding on your LG TV, try resetting the device you are trying to connect your TV with. Simply turn off the device and allow it to completely shut down before turning it back on and attempting to use AirPlay again.
LG TV Not Allowing AirPlay
If you own a Mac, iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone, you know those devices are capable of AirPlay so long as they are a device that is new enough to support the feature. It can be easy to believe that because one device supports AirPlay, any other device should be able to support the feature as well. Although this would be ideal, that is not always the case when it comes to running AirPlay, leaving LG TV owners confused when AirPlay is not allowed.
If your LG TV is not allowing AirPlay, check the user manual for your specific model to see if it is compatible with this feature. If you have an older LG TV, it may not be capable of supporting AirPlay, so even though your other devices can run it, your TV does not have the necessary accessories.
LG TV AirPlay Sound Not Working/No Sound
If you are able to get AirPlay to connect on both your smart device as well as on your LG TV, you will then be met with a screen that is perfectly reflective of the device that is in your hand. Of course, you want the picture to display without a problem, but if there is audio combined with the screen you are mirroring, you should also be able to hear the exact sound as well. If you are using AirPlay with your LG TV and there is no sound, what could be the problem?
If AirPlay has no sound or the sound is not working as it should on your LG TV, check on the device you are mirroring to see if it has been muted. Be sure to turn off any mute button that may be on and then turn the volume up to an audible level to see if this resolves sound issues.
ReadyToDIY is the owner of this article. This post was published on October 15, 2021.